1501 East Milham Avenue, Portage, MI 49002
WoodsEdge Learning Center is a
special education center-based school
that provides service to all nine districts within Kalamazoo County.
Students who attend WoodsEdge Learning Center are between the ages of 3 and 26 years of age.
We are an innovative school dedicated to developing independence in our students.
A community without barriers.
Mission in Action
1. WE are committed to making sure that every student has a way to communicate.
2. WE allow students TIME to do things independently.
3. WE ask: What am I doing for my students that they could do for themselves.
4. We use state of the art technology to foster independence.
5. WE implement evidence based practices.
6. WE use a team approach.
7. WE recognize each student as a unique individual with unique strengths and needs.